Tuesday 11 October 2011

Welcome to Kenya 4!

Hi and welcome to my Kenya blog!

In just over 1 week, I will be departing my every day job in England for a 4 week assignment in Kenya as part of IBM's Corporate Service Corps (CSC). The CSC is a leadership program that takes IBMers from all over the world and sends them to developing countries to consult on various issues governments and local businesses have.

Post-assignment we are staying on in Kenya for 1 week to explore the country even further.

This blog is to keep you up-to-date with the assignment and the adventures my team and I have. I will be posting some pictures and stories so please keep coming back!

The team I am traveling with are the 4th team to visit Kenya and so we are known as 'Kenya4'.

In my team there are 12 of us from 11 countries and we are split into 3 sub-teams of 4. My sub-team has been tasked with helping the Kenya Association of Manufactures (KAM). We are currently developing a statement of work with KAM but our basic task is to improve the Value Proposition to their members so they can increase their membership and work more closely with the government.

That's it for now, more when I arrive in Kenya!

RA

No comments:

Post a Comment